Cattle transfers have never been easier with AngusNOW. Looking to give Sire Authorization for registration of calves? Find all the information below.
- To transfer animals, complete the Application for Transfer of Ownership. The form must be filled out and sent in via mail, email or fax. Typically the SELLER pays for the transfer HOWEVER in some cases the buyer will be designated as the payee and funds must accompany the transfer if they are a NON-Financial member.
- If a bred female is sold, the service dates and information must be provided on the transfer application. All service sires must be DNA tested and the bull must be AI approved if applicable. If a semen interest is retained on a bull that is being transferred, put both the name of the buyer and your own name on the application for transfer so that both names appear on the registration certificate as current owners.
- All signatures of listed owners must appear on the transfer, unless Signing Authority Agreement for Canadian Angus Association Registered Animals has been provided. In the case where an entire herd is transferred to a new owner, one application for transfer may be completed if a list of animals to be transferred is attached. The completed transfer form of the listed animals must be submitted to the Canadian Angus Association by being submitted by the owner who will incur the fees through their AngusNOW profile.
How to transfer an e-stored Registration Certificate
Send your transfer request to the Member Service by mail (292140 Wagon Wheel Blvd, Rocky View County, AB, T4A 0E2) by email or by fax (403-571-3599).
Please include the following information in your request:
Body of message:
- Identify the animal by the tattoo and registration number
- Identify the buyer by name and address
- Provide a sale date
- If the animal is a bred female, provide the service details including sire identification and exposure dates.
You may also use the Application for Transfer of Ownership below to apply for a transfer.
Non-financial transfers are ownership transfers in which no money changes hands. These transfers are usually between family members, partners, company members or estate settlements. Partnerships and company members must all be recorded with the Canadian Angus Association before a non-financial transfer will be processed with a non-financial transfer fee.
Some common non-financial transfer situations are:
- Transfer from an individual to a partnership, or a partnership to an individual.
- Transfers between linked herds.
- Addition or deletion of an individual in a partnership or farm name.
- Estate transfers to another family member or beneficiary.
- Estate transfers require either a death certificate, a copy of the will or a letter from the lawyer of the estate, including the name(s) of the executors. The executor will be the signing authority for estate transfers.
- Transfers of herd names and tattoo letters can also be included in estate settlements.
Please note: non-financial transfers cannot be done on AngusNOW; they must be sent into the Association office.
Sire Authorization allows a member to give access on a bull to other members. The form must be filled out and sent in via mail, email or fax.
Please note: The Canadian Angus Association will not be responsible for monitoring registration of calves for specific years. Once authorization is given on individual bulls the access will remain in place. If you are looking to link your herd for semen and bull use please see the Shared Semen & Bull use form.
1 – 49 transfers submitted at one time: $10.00
50+ submitted at one time: $5.00