Some of the world’s finest Angus cattle are raised right here in Canada, under ideal conditions. The Canadian landscape, water and fresh air are a big part of what make them so great. It also takes a select group of hard working Canadian ranchers to bring those elements together. The result is Angus beef that is as delicious as it is nutritious.
Our ranchers are true stewards of their land
They raise cattle in a humane fashion not only because they know it’s best for the animals and their customers, but also because they know it’s best for future generations. Their beef is processed in federally or provincially inspected facilities. These businesses are subject to regular audits that ensure a high standard of food safety.
Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed is a certification program that offers quality assurances and endorsements for Canadian Angus genetics.
With the support of the Canadian Angus Association, Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed offers confidence that the beef will exceed expectations.
Beef partners can qualify for the Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed program by meeting the following requirements:
- Apply through the Canadian Angus Association
- Animals must have a minimum of 50% Angus genetics; at least one of the parents must be registered as Angus
- Cattle must use the Canadian Angus RFID indicator
- An audit process will be finalized in consultation with participants to ensure program integrity
Canadian Angus Association Members can qualify for the Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed program by meeting the following requirements:
- Eligible cattle must be at least 50% black or red Angus genetics and have a Canadian Angus Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) indicator which verifies Angus genetics.
- Endorsed product must be from a federally or provincially inspected and approved establishment (including slaughter & processing, distributors, retail outlets, and restaurants). Provincial plants must be HACCP compliant and will be subject to regular audits to ensure high food safety standards are being followed.
- Product must be graded and grade monitored by a Canadian Beef Grading Agency (CBGA) grader. (In some special circumstances, non-graded product may be considered for endorsement. The Canadian Angus Association will be the sole arbiter of program quality and eligibility for endorsement under the terms outlined in the program.)
- Canadian Angus Association will endorse CBGA “AA and higher” graded products and further processed meats (such as Angus burgers, etc).
- Registered applicants will allow the use of their name and logo for public relations purposes with the Canadian Angus Association and their affiliates in the promotion of this program.
- Applicants will adhere to the brand standards and guidelines of logo use in connection to the protocol and program standards set out by the Canadian Angus Association as they relate to the Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed program.
- Applicants will allow “on the spot” inspections as well as an annual audit by the Association’s Protocol Audit Committee to ensure protocol is adhered to.