Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed Member Application
Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed Program Participation:
I hereby declare that the terms of this declaration shall govern my participation in the Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed program, as they appear:
- Eligible cattle must be at least 50% black or red Angus genetics and have a Canadian Angus Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) indicator which verifies Angus genetics.
- Endorsed product must be from a federally or provincially inspected and approved establishment (including slaughter & processing, distributors, retail outlets, and restaurants). Provincial plants must be HACCP compliant and will be subject to regular audits to ensure high food safety standards are being followed.
- Product must be graded and grade monitored by a Canadian Beef Grading Agency (CBGA) grader. (In some special circumstances, non-graded product may be considered for endorsement. The Canadian Angus Association will be the sole arbiter of program quality and eligibility for endorsement under the terms outlined in the program.)
- Canadian Angus Association will endorse CBGA “AA and higher” graded products and further processed meats (such as Angus burgers, etc).
- Registered applicants will allow the use of their name and logo for public relations purposes with the Canadian Angus Association and their affiliates in the promotion of this program.
- Applicants will adhere to the brand standards and guidelines of logo use in connection to the protocol and program standards set out by the Canadian Angus Association as they relate to the Canadian Angus Rancher Endorsed program.
- Applicants will allow “on the spot” inspections as well as an annual audit by the Association’s Protocol Audit Committee to ensure protocol is adhered to.