- This event has passed.
Date and time
Tue, November 2, 2021
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM MDT
About this event
“Farmers are more likely to participate in support programs offered by providers familiar with agriculture and that cater to the unique needs of farmers” — FMC Healthy Minds, Healthy Farmers Report.
Join Do More Agriculture’s Lauren Van Ewyk, a registered social worker, foster mom and mental health advocate, for an invaluable session with three goals in mind.
- That you’ll walk away with greater awareness and understanding of mental health
- You can access this training in the cab of your tractor or at the office
- To break down barriers and dispel the stigma through talking, asking and listening
What you’ll learn
• Signs and symptoms of mental illness, anxiety, depression, stress and substance use
• Mental health statistics and factors unique to agriculture
• What support looks like depending on your education, experience, and training
• How to talk to someone who may be experiencing a mental health challenge.
• How to support others, yourself and access resources
• Self-care and prevention strategies for mental wellness
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
2 p.m. EST Find the webinar time for your area.
- St. Johns, N.L. | 3:30 p.m. NDT
- Halifax, N.S. | 3 p.m. ADT
- Ottawa, Ont. | 2 p.m. EDT
- Winnipeg, Man. | 1 p.m. CDT
- Regina, Sask. | 12 p.m. CST
- Edmonton, Alta. | 12 p.m. MDT
- Vancouver, B.C. | 11 a.m. PDT
Lauren Van Ewyk is an engaging speaker, registered social worker, foster mom and mental health advocate. Read her bio.