- This event has passed.
G3 GROW BEYOND SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
G3 is pleased to partner with Agriculture in the Classroom Canada (AITC-C) for six scholarships available to students entering a post-secondary program. Recipients will demonstrate a passion for exploring innovation and technology in agriculture through their post-secondary studies. The following is a summary of the scholarship contest, please refer to the Contest Rules for complete terms and conditions.
1.a) SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
Six G3 Grow Beyond Scholarships will be awarded across Canada.
- Each scholarship is valued at $4,000, payable in one sum by June 20,
- The scholarships may be used at any Canadian post-secondary institution, including provincially recognized community colleges and
- The scholarship is intended for any field of
- In addition to winning the scholarship, the winning students’ high schools will also receive a cash donation ($1,000) to be used to further develop its innovative initiatives.
- Scholarship will be presented by a G3 team member or designated
Eligible applicants must be:
- attending a Canadian high school;
- graduating in 2021; and
- planning to enroll at a Canadian post-secondary institution in a first-year degree or diploma
· Scholarship not open to residents of Quebec.
Note: Students who have applied for entry into a college or university, but have not yet been accepted, may still apply for the G3 Grow Beyond Scholarship. The final selected applicants will need to provide a copy of their chosen post secondary institution acceptance letter in order to be awarded.
2.b) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- complete the G3 Grow Beyond Scholarship application form;
- submit all accompanying documents as outlined (acceptance letter if available; otherwise should be received by April 15, 2021); and
- produce a creative 2-4 minute video outlining their vision and planned contribution to the future of technology and innovation in Canada’s agriculture sector. Although your last name is required on the entry form, you can choose to introduce yourself with first name or both first and last Your preference.
Questions to be addressed in the video:
- Which innovation do you believe has had the most impact on agriculture? (50% weighting)
- In your chosen field of study, how would you apply innovation and technology to the agriculture industry? (50% weighting)
Submission form and video must be submitted by April 15, 2021 by 11:59 PM CST.
3. a) ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
Applicants will be assessed on the following:
- Video Essay: How well a video submission addresses the questions will be judged by a panel of industry (50%)
- Public Voting: Via online voting, maximum one video vote will be allowed for each of the five geographic regions designated on the (25%)
- Community and/or School Involvement (25%)
o Details to be provided within the application form.
- The Video Essay and Community and/or School Involvement will be judged by a selection committee determined by
Note: Videos meeting the scholarship criteria and requirements will be published to the scholarship page online for public voting. The scholarship selection committee reserves the right to use all scholarship materials including the video, in perpetuity, as deemed appropriate.
Receiving payment of the scholarship is contingent on consent to use students’ name and image to announce scholarship winners. All personal information collected will not be used for any other purposes and will remain confidential.
4. JUDGING AND AWARDING SCHOLARSHIP
Judging for the scholarship will take place between April 15st – May 15th. The scholarship selection committee will be comprised of both academia and industry professionals as deemed appropriate by G3 and AITC-C. Any and all decisions made by the selection committee are final. The final selected applicants will need to provide a copy of their chosen post secondary institution acceptance letter in order to be awarded.
Employees and immediate family members of G3 and AITC-C are not eligible to apply