** Page still being developed **
Welcome to the Canadian Angus Association classified ads. Commercial and purebred Angus producers from across Canada have the opportunity to post and browse these ads each month. Posting an ad on our classifieds section is a highly effective way to market and sell. The classified ads posted on the Canadian Angus Association website are created specifically for the cattle industry. It’s easy to use and an affordable way to increase your market reach.
Our classified ad system offers the opportunity to post:
- Genetic Sales
- Private Treaty Sales for bulls, females, etc.
- Commercial cattle
Costs for ads:
Please contact us for pricing.
Note: If you purchased an ad in Angus Life, our annual magazine publication, you can post one classified ad for free.
The classified ads are updated as new ads are submitted. Submission requests may take up to three business days to be reviewed and posted. Each ad will be posted for a maximum of thirty days unless a shorter duration is otherwise stated in the ad request. All ads are subject to approval by the Canadian Angus Association.
Please click here to fill out the form to submit your classified ad.
Note: there is a limit of up to 350 words and two images per ad. There is no limit on the number of ads you request each month.
For other advertising and sale opportunities, please visit our Marketplace section on our website to learn more about Angus Life, Sale Packages and other effective marketing tools.
** Page still being developed, Ignore everything below: PLACEHOLDERS **
NATE - DESIGN FEATURE - DO SOON. NOTES IN COMMENTS Would like a Classifieds page added to the Marketplace section; to include:
- Genetic Sales section for sales of semen, embryos, etc
- Private Sales section
- Commercial Sales for commercial producers to have a platform
Each section will need a form for submissions
Some submissions will have a fee/charge and some will be free; Angus Life advertisers will get a classified submission for free; commercial producers can have a submission for free.
- Tag your cattle with Canadian Angus Indicators
- Send a list of the indicator numbers and the corresponding birth dates/start date of calving season by filling out the below form electronically and press submit or fax, email or mail to the Canadian Angus Association office.
If you require the CCIA birth certificate please include the request with your age verification submission
- Producer name and mailing address
- Phone Number
- Method of Age Verification—Calving Start Date (CS) OR Individual Calf Birth Dates (AB)
- RFID Indicator Numbers (only the last 9 digits of the tag are needed)—you can use the stickers included with your RFID indicator instead of writing out each indicator number
- CCIA Third Party User Application Form: click HERE to access the form from the CCIA website
Calving season age verification can be done as long as the season does not exceed three months. If the calving season is longer, you will need to break down the indicators into groups and assign different starting dates of birth to each group.
- Producer Joe has 120 calves born between February 15, 2020 and April 30, 2020, and has received the indicator range 01 124 000 299 222 501 to 01 124 000 299 222 625.
- Joe records the date the first calf is born and tags the 120 calves with indicator numbers 299 222 501 to 299 222 620.
- Joe sends the calving season date and indicator numbers used to the Canadian Angus Association.
- The birth dates are registered with CCIA.
- Joe receives the CCIA Birth Certificate, proof of age document that verifies his calves are recorded in the national database.
- RFID Indicator Start #299 222 501; RFID Indicator End #299 222 620; Birth Date 20090215; Method - Calving Season - CACP numbers on Registration Certificates