Reporting an Abnormal Calf
Members of the Canadian Angus Association are required to report abnormalities in their herds. If an abnormality is observed:
- Complete and submit Calf Abnormality Report to the Canadian Angus Association office.
- Collect DNA samples (hair from calf, dam and sire) to keep on record for future reference.
- Verify parentage (through DNA parentage testing) of the abnormal calf to both the sire and dam.
- Collect photographs for future reference.
- Conduct a pedigree search for common ancestors.
- Complete a veterinary inspection, DNA analysis and/or pathology exam if required.